Not so long ago, the large publishing houses held tremendous advantages over both smaller organizations and self-publishers. Brick-and-mortar booksellers and industry publications only provided shelf space and promotional visibility to the products of these larger houses. In many cases, stocking a self-published title would not even be considered.
But, like many other industries, the Internet and advances in technology have changed the face of the publishing world. Today, many online booksellers and digital market places enable self-publishers equal opportunity for visibility and reader discovery. Virtual shelf space is secured, helping to lessen the differences regarding a book’s path to publication. A crucial factor that continues to level out those differences lies with reader reviews. Honest and unbiased book reviews sell more books than those loaded with brief and perhaps even false reviews. Shoppers on all sites rely on reviews before placing an order – and bookselling sites that allow for comments show how what could be considered a more critical review sells books! With recent scandals upsetting the reviewing world, the adage of the more positive reviews received, the more copies sold is no longer true.
YourFirstReview.com is provided by Publisher Services. Since 2004, Publisher Services has assisted over 60,000 independent self-publishers with getting their manuscripts to market. Through conversations with our clients, we recognize many initially undertake self-publishing as a labor of love. The business and marketing side of publishing are commonly overlooked, overwhelming and underappreciated. Since reviews are now an integral part of a prospective customer’s purchasing process, we offer a legitimate manuscript review service, which both provides an unbiased review book review and also a report card to use a benchmark if a book is truly ready to be sold.
Our book reviews are real people who LOVE to read and review books. We only accept book reviewers who are large contributors to Amazon, GoodReads or Shelfari book reviews. More importantly, our reviewers post their real names to their review of your book. To address the broad scope of our clients’ subject matter, book reviewers have been selected for different genres. Consequently, we provide reviews for all types of fiction and non-fiction books. Our internal editorial staff provides a base structure so all reviews are consistent and informative. The combination of review and report card allows many opportunities for endorsement quotes to be created and used for marketing purposes, but also can help pinpoint problem areas to help you create a better, and stronger final product.
“Book Reviews By Book Readers”
About Publisher Services
Independent Publisher Services LLC (Publisher Services) is a specialized division of Bar Code Graphics, Inc. We are the larged authorized agent of the U.S. ISBN agency. Bar Code Graphic, Inc. first became involved with item identification and bar codes with our participation creating the printing specifications for UPC symbols in 1974. When the book industry began using ISBN bar codes for publication identification, we also contributed to the industry requirements and consequently began assisting publishers of all sizes. Today, we have an impressive client base of over 97,000 companies, which included over 60,000 self-publishers. Our customers range from small independent publishers to top worldwide retailers.
Recent growth of self-publishing has been tremendous and the needs of new authors vary considerably. Publisher Services provides an array of individual services geared towards independent self-publishers. Unlike other publishing companies who offer varied membership distribution packages, our goal is to provide simple and economical services which enable our publishing clients to pick and choose the services which satisfies their needs. Personal customer service accompanies everything we provide and we encourage our clients to call us.
- ISBN Assignments: As the largest authorized agent of the U.S. ISBN Agency, we provide two different book/e-book ISBN assignment services to independent self-publishers. Each year we provide support to thousands of book authors/publishers who value the personal customer service we provide. Since 2004, we have been the U.S. ISBN Agency’s largest authorized agent for ISBN assignments. Please read our recent testimonials. Click here to buy ISBN numbers.
- Book Printing (Hard & Soft Cover): Publisher Services is able to provide discounted printing services with remarkably quick turnaround. Through personal customer service (via phone), we are able to provide our clients a fast and easy alternative to print their books. We have the capability to handle orders of all sizes and most book orders can ship within 3 business days from proof approval.
- Interior Formatting & Cover Design: Since many self-publishers are new to desktop publishing and graphic design, we provide reasonable interior formatting and cover design services. Our design team is accustomed to working from many of the common word-processing programs such as Microsoft Word.
- E-Book Conversion and Amazon Kindle Setup: Digital books have boomed in public acceptance and represent the future of publishing. To offer digital books on the popular e-bookselling sites, self-publishers must have their manuscripts properly formatted. In addition, we offer an Amazon (Kindle) e-book account establishment service.
- Other services include: Copyright Registration Services, Promotional Media Kits and Autographed Copy Labels